Saturday, January 07, 2012

Tablesaw Panel Crosscut Sled

Since I cut my teeth in woodworking with a radial arm saw, I've never gotten into the habit of crosscutting on my table saw.
~
But with this custom cabinet job that I've taken on, we'll be cutting a lot of plywood sheet panels, so I'll be making a table saw sled capable of handling 35" crosscuts.
~
After a little web search, I've settled on the plan shown right which was published by Fine Homebuilding in 2006.
~
My version will be made with 24"x42" panels so will be a scale larger than this drawing, and I've ordered some aluminium from McMaster Carr to use for the runners rather than the plywood strips noted here.
~
If the McMaster Carr shipment arrives today, this baby will take shape tomorrow over at the Nanepashemet Telecom shop.



  • Waterfront Offerings
  • Land Offerings
  • No comments: