Thursday, April 24, 2014

Letting the Chips Fall

Peeps.... I've come to the conclusion the best that you can do is all you can do.  If you're doing your best and giving your all.... it's then time to let the chips fall where they may.
~
In the end, your real boss is the person who stares back at you in the mirror.
~
If that person, that image.... is satisfied with your effort.... then that is the best you can do.   Too many outside factors that are out of your control effect the eventual outcome of your strivings, so you cannot judge by the outcome, you have to judge by the quality and commitment of your own effort to the cause.
~
In my own career, I can't make a lessee sign a lease... all I can do is work to enable a situation where that is possible.   I can't make a zoning board vote in favor of my petition.... all I can do is prepare a comprehensive application and present the proposal in the best light possible.  I can't make a construction crew complete a site in a certain time period.... all I can do is make sure they have all of the resources and hope for suitable weather and coordination of concurring events.
~
My only constant... the only thing I can control is my own level of effort... and when I have satisfied myself that I have done everything possible within my sphere of influence, then I have freed myself from  being affected by the judgment of others based upon the outcome.

But it is a hell of a bonus when a lease gets signed, a permit gets issued and a site gets built.... plus Nanepashemet Telecom gets paid.

 It's also nice when the chips fall your way.

No comments: